Net 8 TCP socket problem

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:05:13 +0100

Hi

We are using an oracle 8i database to drive a web application on NT. The application works fine until we apply socket filtering to the NT server, at this point the connection fails with a no listener error. Having investigated this issue it seems that the solution is to force the listener to use shared socket (probably 1521), however all the documentation I have found doesn't actually tell me how to do this. Could someone point me in the right direction for the documentation/settings I need to change

Niall Litchfield
n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 04:05:13 CDT