Re: Snapshot too old, but I don't care about read consistency for this query

From: Paul de Anguera <nospam_at_quidnunc.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 05:12:21 GMT

In article <87hfn86zcf.fsf_at_mit.edu>, Greg Stark <gsstark_at_mit.edu> wrote:

>I have a long-running "select *" query--it takes hours to process all the
>records--and sometimes I get "snapshot too old" for some of the rows. Is there
>any way to convince Oracle that I really don't care about consistent reads
>here, just fetch the most recent data from that record? This is especially
>important because I'm considering enabling discrete transactions for the
>updates anyways, so these errors will become much more frequent.

There should be, or EXPORT wouldn't have a CONSISTENT parameter. But I don't know how you would allow a dirty read.

Paul de Anguera | "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say
Reply to:       | what you want to say sometimes, so you have to
deanguer@       | rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."
quidnunc.net    | - Frank Zappa