Re: JDBC 8.1.6 not working with Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux

From: Josue Batista <jbatista_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:13:16 GMT

One question to Stephem and Kevin:

Is your Oracle Listener running in your Linux servers? I have Oracle 8.0.5 running on my Linux server, and I have no problems accessing the database via JDBC, SQLPLUS, and from my other two machines (Windows 95 & NT) via TCP/IP.

Hope that helps.

Josue.

In article <7mdf1g$s6s$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   stephemr_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. I can't get my code to work on linux
with
> my Oracle 8.0.5 networked on another Linux box. However I can get it
> work when networking to another Oracle database on the Sequent
platform.

> In article <7m2ugo$kv0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Kevin burton <burton_at_relativity.yi.org> wrote:
> > I have not been able to get ANY JDBC driver to work on Oracle 8.0.5
on
> > Linux.
> >
> > It turns out the 8.0.4 driver isn't fully supported under 8.0.5. It
> > works some of the time and then magically it stops working.
> >
> > I tried the 8.1.6 drivers (thin) but I get this message:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ORA-03115:
> > unsupported network datatype or representation
> >
> > When I lookup the error message the recommendation is:
> >
> > "Upgrade the older version of Oracle and try again"
> >
> > According to the 8.1.6 driver README it is backward compatible to
> > 8.0.5. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone gotten this to work?
> >
> > Kevin

Josue_at_abcsolutions.org
ABC Tech Solutions
http://www.abcsolutions.org
[Java/Oracle/Linux] [C/S & Internet Database Apps]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 19:13:16 CDT