Re: Rollback segments always offline after instance started

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:59:45 -0700

Randy

Theoretically not. A couple of things to check:

  1. Is there a "#" as the first character on the line rollback_segments is on? This is a comment character which comments out the whole line. Remove it if needed.
  2. Are you starting the database with the right parameter file? Is the initorcl.ora file in the default location? I'm guessing from the SID name that this is on an NT box, so check the strtorcl.cmd file to see what one is being used.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete