Re: Problems migrating tables from Access to Oracle

From: Randy Baker <rsbakerZ_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:52:21 -0400

tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com> wrote in message news:378B7A8C.46D8F922_at_excite.com...
> You cant use Oracle's Migration Assistant to migrate from Access to
Oracle. It
> is provided for Oracle Databases only.
>
> One of the Solutions is to extract the Access Table Data onto formatted
Text
> files,Create corresponding tables in Oracle and Load the Data from the
Flat
> files into it using Oracle's SQL Loader utility.
>
> -Thiru
>
> dev wrote:
>
> > I am trying to move an Access 97 database to Oracle 8. I have tried to
use
> > the migrating assistant provided with Oracle, it asks me what database I
> > want to migrate, but whatever Access database I choose, it crashes,
telling
> > me an unknown error occured with (-2147220908) as return code.
> > Anybody got an idea about it ?
> > Or an other solution for an easy migration of the structure and data of
an
> > Access database to Oracle ?

There is an "Oracle Migration Wizard For Microsoft Access" that should do what you need. If this is what you are referring to in your note then you may need a newer version from Oracle -- there were some updates available on their web site as I recall.

Randy Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 16:52:21 CDT