Re: Full Import

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:36:33 GMT

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:17:16 GMT, Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for all replies. However, in my understanding, a full import not
>only import the database objects, it also import the tablespaces,

Correct.

>sys and system users (please correct me if I am wrong).

It imports SYSTEM's objects (user SYSTEM is always created when you create the databases) and properties, but not the SYS's objects, since they are never exported!

> If the tablespaceswere created before the import, will the import overwrite the existing
>ones?

Depends on whether you use parameter DESTROY=Y or not. If you use DESTROY=Y the tablespaces will be recreated with the same parameters as in the time of export. If the tablespace in the destination database was precreated it will be overwritten. However, if the datafile names are invalid (nonexistent directories, illegal path and names specifications,...) the CREATE TABLESPACE commands will fail.

>Thank you very much for your time.
>
>Brian Yan

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 16:36:33 CDT