Snapshot too old, but I don't care about read consistency for this query

From: Greg Stark <gsstark_at_mit.edu>
Date: 13 Jul 1999 16:58:56 -0400

I have a long-running "select *" query--it takes hours to process all the records--and sometimes I get "snapshot too old" for some of the rows. Is there any way to convince Oracle that I really don't care about consistent reads here, just fetch the most recent data from that record? This is especially important because I'm considering enabling discrete transactions for the updates anyways, so these errors will become much more frequent.

greg Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 15:58:56 CDT