Yet another Oracle 8.0.5-LINUX install problem

From: Drea Thomas <drea_cdos_at_best.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:51:34 -0700

I've followed all the steps in,

http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh6x.html

and I still run into the following brick wall whenever I try to start the database:

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.5.0.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8 Release 8.0.5.1.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.1.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup nomount
ORA-27102: out of memory
Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument

Same kind of error prevents the install from creating the database objects. I have 96M of RAM, have set SHMMAX to 0xFFFFFFFF and recompiled the kernel. I suspect it is not actually running out of memory but running into another problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

RedHat Linux 6.0
200 Mhz Pentium
96M RAM
650M Swap
950M available in /var/tmp

-Drea- Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 15:51:34 CDT