Re: Synchronous Replication as backup site...

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:54:10 -0700

Yosi

Your thinking is largely correct. What sort of comms line do they have between the two sites? I would normally not recommend using synchronous replication for a real time system, because they normally can't handle any downtime issues. If the network goes across anything less than an internal LAN, I think they need to revisit their thinking.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete