Solaris 8.0 server -- help creating empty DB!

From: <ted_at_ags.ga.erg.sri.com.foo.bar.com>
Date: 13 Jul 1999 18:50:27 GMT

I've got an oracle dump file which I am trying to load into Oracle 8.0 server for Solaris. All my previous DB admin experience is with Postgres, and I must say Oracle seems insanely complicated so far..

All I want to do is create an empty database and use the importer to load this dump file (which should create all the schema and populate it), but the docs on creating a DB seem cryptic at best.

The Oracle 8 Administrator's Guide suggests using the Enterprise Manager but refers me to another document which I haven't been able to find on CD for details of starting the Enterpfise Manager..

So:

  1. If there's an easy way to do what I want -- what is it?
  2. If not, could someone at least point me towards the Enterprise Manager binary ..

                        Thanks!

                        Ted Nolan
--
---

Remove the .foo.bar.com to reply Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 13:50:27 CDT