Problem Compiling Stored Procedures and Killing Sessions

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:45:09 GMT

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me with a problem we are having. Sometimes our client programs freeze when we try to compile stored procedures with them (either with create or replace or alter procedure compile). We haven't quite found the exact circumstances that cause this, but we think it happens when users prematurely close their client programs while the stored procedure is running, and their Oracle session persists. In fact, the Oracle session always seems to persist if a client is prematurely killed?

Is there a way to make sure an Oracle session is killed even though the client does not exit gracefully? Is it not possible to compile a procedure that another session is executing?

Salaam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 10:45:09 CDT