Re: start a crashed database?

From: Alex <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:40:16 +0100

Karsten

It appears you have lost a control file. Check in the file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initSID.ora for the locations of control files.
If you have more than 1 specified (I hope :-) ) then comment out the location of the one with the problem.
Try to start the database again.
If this is successful then shut the database down and copy the good control file to the location of the 'bad' one (assuming the disk it is located on is ok)
startup the database again.

If you only have one control file then : you need to find the location of all your data files and log files with this information you can now recreate the control file using 'CREATE CONTROLFILE' command
explained in the Administrator's Guide

Good Luck!

Alex