Re: Full Import

From: Brian Yan <by999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:17:16 GMT

Thanks for all replies. However, in my understanding, a full import not only import the database objects, it also import the tablespaces, sys and system users (please correct me if I am wrong). If the tablespaces were created before the import, will the import overwrite the existing ones?

Thank you very much for your time.

Brian Yan

In article <931867987.1198_at_www.remarq.com>,   srupnik <scott.rupnik_at_cpe.amedd.army.mil> wrote:
> You must also have tablespaces created. The full import
> will try to import the tables into the same tablespace from
> which is was exported. If this tablespace does not exist,
> it will try to import them into the default tablespace of
> the user performing the import (ie the system tablespace if
> no other tablespaces/users are created).
>
> **** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start
Here (tm) ****

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 09:17:16 CDT