Re: start a crashed database?

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:26:20 GMT

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:43:33 GMT, unity_ag_at_my-deja.com wrote:

Did you check the location of that file and make sure it is there? Check your init parm file to make sure that that control file is in the right place. If it is not their omit it from your init parm file and try restarting the instance with the remaining mirrored control file(s).

  After you get the instance up, bring down the instance, copy a control file to that location where that control file was supposed to be, rename the control file to the original name, add its path to the init parm file and then restart the instance to make sure your control files are mirrored.

Rob Calfee
DBA
rcalfee_at_incsystem.com