start a crashed database?

From: <unity_ag_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:43:33 GMT

Hi

My oracle database crashed because of power failure. I have to start or to recover it. The following messages appear while starting up the database with the SVRMGRL of ORACLE.

I try to start the database with the command "startup open" or "startup mount" the ORACLE instance started, the used space will be displayed and this error messages:
ORA-00205: error in identifying control file

           '.../control01.ctl'
ORA-07360: sfifi: stat error, unable to obtain

           information about file.

What can I do to start or recover the database? What should I do to create new control files which allows to start the database?

Please help to explain.

Thanks

Karsten Spangardt

mailto:spangardt_at_unity.de

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 08:43:33 CDT