Failing Snapshot

From: Brian Harcourt <briankh_at_umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:38:17 -0400

I need some help getting a snapshot to work. I have seven snapshots of a production data warehouse on a local server running 7.3 on NT. All work except for one. The one that fails depends upon another snapshot; e.g.

    create snapshot x_snap as select 1,2,3 from x_at_dblink where 1 in (select 1 from y_snap);

   /y_snap is a snapshot that successfully refreshes about 5 hours earlier./

It is created just fine (to get the refresh I have been dropping and recreating the snapshot weekly). But it cannot refresh. How can I get it to refresh? How can I begin to troubleshoot the problem? All the Enterprise manager tells me is that it cannot refresh the group when I manually 'click' the refresh button on the 'quick edit' of the refresh group.

B. Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 08:38:17 CDT