Problem with Oracle 8 and IIS 4

From: Dave Monks <DMonks_at_CompassC.Demon.Co.UK>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:08:06 +0100

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with the following problem.

We are creating an Intranet application using InterDev and IIS 4.0 that is to manipulate data in an Oracle 8 database. IIS is running on one server and Oracle 8 on another. We have set up an ODBC source on the IIS server that points to the database on the Oracle server.
Using Microsoft Query we can retrieve data and modify data in the Oracle database.

However, when we try to retrieve data in an ASP page on IIS we get the following message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Oracle ODBC Driver).
/eureka/login.asp, line 29

Using the Microsoft Supplied ODBC Driver gives the following error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Any ideas as to why these errors are occurring ? It is obviously causing a great deal of concern to us.

Thanks,

Dave Monks
Compass Computer Consultants Ltd Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 04:08:06 CDT