Re: Upgrade Oracle 7.3.3 to 7.3.4

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:50:12 -0700

Shirley

There were some changes from point release to point release of OEM which may make what you're saying true. I recall having some fun when moving from 1.5.5 of OEM to 1.6 where things could not be run in isolation, but only through the console. Generally, you get a message saying "blah blah needs to be launched from the console" or something similar, but there were some parts of the tuning pack that still seemed to work standalone.

Are you using Oracle Names for SQL*Net naming resolution? If not, don't even start the OracleNamesService, it's not needed. If you are using it, then it may be worth checking with Support if there's a known problem. It shouldn't have anything to do with the upgrade unless you interrupted it part way through or something similar.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete