Forms 4.5 Item Validation Question

From: Dogan Cibiceli <dcib_at_gwl.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:50:50 -0600

Hi,
  I have a simple problem and a simple solution to it. Anyone who took Oracle Advanced Forms should know this. Suppose you have two items. And when one of them is validated, you want the other to be validated as well by the When-Validate-Item trigger. So you mark the other item as invalidated. You mark the other item as dirty and the next item's When-Validate-Item trigger fires ( you don't care when just make sure it fires at block, record or form level). I couldnot remember how to mark the item as invalid. It was something simple but I couldnot remember. I believe there was a system variable or something like that to invalidate the item but ??? If anyone remembers such a thing please post or e-mail. Your help is appreciated....

Dogan

PS. In advanced oracle forms it is expained in validating a primary key composed of multiple fields (items).... Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 15:50:50 CDT