Re: Oracle 6 to flat file

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:53:49 GMT

It is possible to manipulate/edit an export file from V6, if you have the right editor. It has been a few years, but I have done it. Oracle never supported it, but it is doable.

Back in those days I used EVE on VMS and WordStar (data mode) in DOS. If necessary, I ftp'd the export file (in binary mode) to DOS and edit it there.

You just export the tables, then use the editor to pull the SQL. The data is comma/quote delimited, if I remember correctly.

It is not quick, but it can be very educational.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 15:53:49 CDT