RECOVER DATABASE question again.

From: Alexander Chupin <chupin_at_mail.mosbb.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:10:38 +0400

Good day,

We have database in archivelog mode.
Every weekend, when nobody work, our
operators copy database, redolog and
control fies to another server using
xcopy.exe command, without shutdown
server or other preparation for this
action (as alter tablespace xxx begin
backup,etc.).
Because it strategy of backup was
developed not by me, I'm interested
how I can to recover this instance
on the second server?
Now I tried the following.

startup mount exclusive;
alter database recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;

I received in trace file:

Production database now is operating Ok, while. Can anybody tell me, what I must to do to recover second database using archivelog file from production database.
Is it available? Or I must send all files from second server to nul.

Thank you in advance.
WBR, Alexander. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 15:10:38 CDT