Re: SQL Loader 524 Error: How to Prevent?

From: John Griffin <jgriffin_at_boyne.u-net.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:01:05 +0100

Don't worry its not a problem. All the good records will be loaded and the dodgy ones rejected. You can verify this by checking the log file which will be generated in the same directory as the control file by default.

You can set SQL*Loader up to keep loading until a certain number of errors occur ( I think this is 50 by default). If you only have one or two dodgy records at the end of the file you will not hit this limit. Even if you did you could increase the limit.

Everything is detailed quite well in the manual.