Re: Trace file during RECOVER DATABASE

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:32:03 GMT

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:36:08 +0400, "Alexander Chupin" <chupin_at_mail.mosbb.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>During recover database using archivelog files,
>a some trcae file was occurred (see below).
>Can anybody comments messages it this file?
>
>Thanx in advance.
>WBR, Alexander.
>

>*** SESSION ID:(8.1) 1999.07.10.00.22.27.000
>kcbrrr: range redo application failure at dba 0x9000107
>RANGE DBA: 0x09000107 BLKS: 0x00000004 INC: 0x00008a6d OPCODE 19.2
>Direct Loader invalidate block range redo entry
>ORA-00273: media recovery of direct load data that was not logged

Obviously part of your dat was loaded using DIRECT option of SQL*Loader with UNRECOVERABLE specified in the control file. This means that loaded data was not logged in the redo logs. You should always perform a backup after the UNRECOVERABLE loading.

Now after the recovery all of your blocks that were loaded UNRECOVERABLE are marked as corrupt. The only way to make them available is to drop and recreate the involved tables and indexes and reload them again.

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 09:32:03 CDT