Re: JDBC Error message: "End of TNS data channel"

From: <lbrenta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:32:30 GMT

Pat, thanks for your response.

According to Oracle's JDBC documentation, the JDBC Thin driver does not require nor use the SQL*Net client. Moreover, I get the error imme- diately after trying to connect ; I would expect a timeout problem to occur only after a certain delay.

The strange thing is that everything works fine when using SQL*Net clients such as SQL*Plus et al.

I'm really trying to find out what the error message really means. This is important to me because the application I'm writing will be distri- buted worldwide and I wouldn't like this to happen to my customers.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is anyone interested in knowing the answer if and when I eventually find it?

--
Ludo.

> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to connect to a remote Oracle 8.0.3 server through
Oracle's
> > JDBC Thin driver and I get an SQLException doing so. The info in
the
> > exception is the following:
> >
> > SQL State = null
> > Message = End of TNS data channel
> > Error code = 0
> >
> > This happens even though I can connect to that remote database
through
> > SQL*Plus.
> >
> > What does this error message mean? I cannot find it in Oracle doc,
nor
> > does it have a message number.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Ludo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 08:32:30 CDT