Re: Basic Question

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:59:03 -0400

Shhhhh. It is a secret. Bwhaaa haaaaa haaaa.

Not convinced.....ah well. Try looking in the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory for shell scripts with the names dbshut and dbstart. The stop and start the database as long as your oratab file is set up properly.

Alternatively, log into the unix oracle account and start svrmgrl, enter CONNECT INTERNAL and then 'startup'.

Ken