Timestamps in Oracle, Newbie question!

From: Paolo Rossi <paolorossi_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:06:18 GMT

Hi!
We are trying to migrate an application from DB2 UDB 5.2 to Oracle 8 and are encountering some problems with timestamp fields!

The problem lies in the fact that in DB2 timestamp fields have a format like yyyymmdd-hh.mm.ss.xxxxxx which is something we have not been able to obtain in Oracle!

Could anyone please tell me how timestamps are treated in Oracle and how can I format such fields in a as close as possible way to the DB2 format, in order to maintain the application as transparent as possible to the DB platform in use?

TIA Paolo Rossi Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 05:06:18 CDT