How to retrieve input data from a HTML form in the UTF-8 character set.

From: Thomas Gertkemper <Thomas.Gertkemper_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:49:04 +0200

I encountered the following problem with a JWeb Application:

I tried to write a JWeb-Application for OAS 4.0, that retrieves input data from a HTML form and writes it into an Oracle database. All processing should be done in the UTF-8 character set.

The problem is, that the form data retrieved by getURLParameter() are always encoded in a non-unicode character set and I found no way to change this.

Can anybody tell me what I should do to get the form data in the UTF-8 character set? Received on Mon Jul 12 1999 - 00:49:04 CDT