Re: Oracle 8 Server/JDBC Performance

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:23:03 -0700

Hi Mark,
  Browse around the Oracle site, jdbc driver area. There was a white paper on performance for the thin client driver for Oracle 8i. I had also read in one of their other papers, that using OCI for the application is (or should be faster) than the thin client driver. I couldn't substantiate that claim since for my convenience, I just use the thin client. Sorry I can't be of more help, but there is info out there. Cindy