Re: How it works alter tablespace X default Storage...?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:07:00 +0200

Trying to understand your post, it seems to be a bit confused 1 altering the default storage clause will apply to NEW objects only. No existing objects are changed.
2 If you want to change existing objects, initial cannot be changed, next can be changed. However, this needs to be done object by object (or by means of a script)
3 if you do want to change initial, you need to export everything in that tablespace, drop the current objects, create them with the correct sizing and import the file you exported.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA