Re: OPTIMAL question

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:03:28 +0800

Huy Vu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Why the oracle 8.0.4 (Dec Unix 4.0D) doesn't support OPTIMAL clause in
> STORAGE for rollback tablspace tuning?
>
> It accepts in Oracle 7...
>
> I want to fix the rollback tablespace is full....why oracle 8 doesn't
> deallocate dynamically the extents which are no longer needed for active
> transactions?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advise...
>
> H.V

It wasn't supported in oracle 7 - it was accepted without error but didn't do anything...

(I discovered this when none of my rollback segs were doing anything until they individually assigned optimal clauses)

Cheers
Connor
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Sun Jul 11 1999 - 08:03:28 CDT