Re: Migrating from Access to Oracle

From: Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 22:28:50 -0400

Michael Ho wrote in message <37877313.F298D59_at_hk.super.net>...

>Personally I think for that price, Oracle is very competitive towards SQL
>Server. But the benefit is huge, Oracle is the market leader afterall.
Try
>to compare a Ferrari with a Honda.

I couldn't resist the analogy. A Honda is a medium to low-priced vehicle that can be depended upon to give you daily service for 150K miles or more, with very little expense. A Ferrari cannot be depended upon to drive around the block without breaking down. The repair costs on a Ferrari can easily exceed the total cost of a Honda within a year (certainly within 2 years) So if Oracle is the Farrari, I'll take the Honda (SQL-Server) any day. ---
Arvin Meyer Received on Sat Jul 10 1999 - 21:28:50 CDT