Re: help needed with update under oracle

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:22:22 GMT

Hi, Mark.
 Try following :
 UPDATE deductees
  SET ( LastName, FirstName,CustomerID ) =   ( SELECT Cust.LastName, Cust.FirstName, Cust.CustomerID     FROM customer cust, billing bll
    WHERE

      bll.BankAccountNumber = deductees.EmployeeID and
      cust.CustomerKey = bll.CustomerKey )
 WHERE LastName IS NULL;

 Goold luck. Michael.
 P.S. I would like to know if it helped you.

In article <tpbh3.180$8%1.4240787469_at_mick.cybertrails.com>,   "Mark Wagner" <mark_at_cybertrails.com> wrote:
> this is an update statement that came out of access that i need to
transfer
> to oracle
> my problem stems from the fact that oracle doesn't allow joins in the
update
> statement.
>
> UPDATE tblCustomer INNER JOIN (Deductees INNER JOIN tblBilling ON
> Deductees.EmployeeID = tblBilling.BankAccountNumber) ON
> tblCustomer.CustomerKey = tblBilling.CustomerKey SET
Deductees.LastName =
> [tblCustomer]![LastName], Deductees.FirstName = [tblCustomer]!
[FirstName],
> Deductees.CustomerID = [tblCustomer]![CustomerID]
> WHERE (((Deductees.LastName) Is Null));
>
> i am trying to update table Deductees with the information contained
in the
> other tables
>
> Mark
> mark_at_cybertrails.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 10 1999 - 16:22:22 CDT