Re: Unable to use Decode on RAW columns ?

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 02:51:23 +0800

DECODE do work on RAW, but you can't update a LONG RAW field like that. Replacing LONG RAW with RAW(??) will work.

As I know for LONG RAW, you must bind a variable, with select, update or insert, using Pro*C or OCI.

Oracle suggestion, don't use LONG RAW, use BLOB or CLOB instead.

I am also looking for better solution to this, for some reason, I can't use LOB yet. If you get it, could you please forward it to me.