Re: Anyone got a simple script to detect full tables?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 15:55:53 GMT

As such the select is correct. It should be faster to use inline views, at least it avoids group on columns you don't really need to group on

select owner

     , segment_name
     , seg.tablespace_name
     , next_extent
     , fs.maxbytes

from dba_segments seg
, (select max(bytes) maxbytes

   from dba_free_space fs
   group by tablespace_name) fs
where seg.tablespace_name = fs.tablespace_name and seg.next_extent> fs.maxbytes

Hopefully this is not only for demonstrating a new feature, but it will run also faster.

Best regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA