Re: select * from <table_name> where 1=2

From: Michael Ho <infoage_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:32:34 +0800

The 1=2 statement will return a false condition when oracle fetch record, so oracle actually won't perform db get, no i/o, no performance issue.

The full scan is explained because this is only option, there is no index to use. Try explain select * from emp where empno=1 and 1=2, index search will return, but it make no difference in performance since no i/o is actually performed.