Re: NT4/SP4 real-life experiences?

From: Damond Walker <dwalker_at_iximd.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 12:21:33 GMT

skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org wrote in message ...

[snip]

>Has anyone else had a good experience with SP4 on NT?

    I've had SP4 on my NT machine for about two weeks now. I followed the advice of someone on this group to down Oracle completely (setting the service to manual and rebooting) before applying SP4. Went to apply SP4, set the Oracle services to start automagically, and reboot the machine again. Everything came up fine. So, in my case, SP4 went in without a problem.

     The server itself is a single CPU box.

                    Damond