help: query tuning

From: <ewong74_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 23:32:00 GMT

Hi,

I have the following query which take me 2 hour to finish:

delete from table_a a where term_id in
(select term_id from table_b b where a.code = b.code);

table_a has 300k rows, table_b has 100k rows. Both tables have no indexes and i cannot create any indexes on them. When I do an explain plan, it looks like oracle are doing full table scan for both tables.

Please help. Thanx.

Ed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 18:32:00 CDT