Re: Encryption in Oracle Database - Help!!

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:13:09 GMT

A further area of concern with encrypted data in the database would be ensuring that your constraints, foreign keys, indexes,etc. all are capable of using the encrypted form of the data....that will probably mean using a fixed encryption/decription algorithms for each bit of data to be stored and that, in itself, can present security issues since, once discovered, all is revealed...

If the algorithm changes then updating any data that is part of the above structures will result in failure ....

Just an idea...