Re: 8i Index-Organized Tables Question?

From: Erik <ecotsonas_at_saraswati.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:17:04 GMT

In article <931506328.25024.0.nnrp-01.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I would always advise a strategy of using
> the default settings for a tablespace and
> never using explicit object settings but,
>
> You are allowed two storage clauses, one for the
> Index segment and one for the overflow segment:
>
> create table ......
>
> organization index
> storage (initial ......)
> pctthreshold 20
> overflow
> storage (initial .....)
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Lewis
> Yet another Oracle-related web site: www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
>
> Erik wrote in message <7m34p5$nkk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >

> >Hello,
> >I have been working on creating an Index-Organized Table (8i
feature).
> >I have been able to create an index organized table on a 2GB existing
> >table, but the primary key for the index-organized table has a large
> >number of extents (over 14,000). I have not been able to find a way
> >specify the storage for the primary key on the index-organized table
at
> >creation time.

Thanks,

I didn't realize that you could specify 2 storage clauses. The oracle documentation that I looked through was very unclear about this. In all of my tests I put the storage clause after the overflow.

--
Erik
Consultant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 13:17:04 CDT