Re: Table I/O stats possible?

From: Dennis Buddenborg <buddman_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:27:44 GMT

Doug,

There is an Oracle supplied script (catio.sql) located in the ?/rdbms/admin directory that creates a stored procedure (sample_io) and a view (io_per_object) that will give you a swag at the number of blocks accessed per database object over a user specified period of time and sampling interval. It basically takes a sampling of the buffer cache to see what objects are present. Again, no specific numbers, just a swag.

Cheers,
Dennis Buddenborg
OCP DBA
Valeo, Inc.