Re: Alert Log parsing

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:24:16 GMT

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:49:57 -0500, Greg Potter <gmpotter_at_lucent.com> wrote:
>Has anyone heard of any tools for parsing alert logs and sending
>notification (like sending a message to an alphanumeric pager). It
>would be really cool if it were done in perl, but I would be interested
>in any kind of tool. We are considering writing our own but would
>rather not re-invent the wheel (or log parser).

I've used Big Brother, which is all sh scripts, so it is easy to modify to do whatever you want. Assuming unix, of course. They have binaries for NT and Novell clients. One minor feature I really liked is the background color of the screen it is running on changes color with status, noticeable across a room before your pager goes off. You can check status from any browser.

http://MacLawran.ca/bb-dnld/

jg
--
These opinions are my own.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply.

mailto:joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com                        Oracle and unix guy.