NT4/SP4 real-life experiences?

From: <skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:31:49 GMT

Seems everyday there's a post about something horrid happening with SP4 on NT4. I feel kinda guilty because my experience with SP4 has been a yawner. We put it on development a month or so ago, and nothing bad happened. The NT admin applied it to production without even telling me (he assumed it was okay since development went fine.) I didn't even notice, nor did any of the users.

I am running 5 Oracle 7.3.4/NT databases on 4 Compaq servers. Two have SP4, two still have SP3. I can't see any difference and everything is still working (Listener, OracleAgent.)

Has anyone else had a good experience with SP4 on NT?

Rose Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 12:31:49 CDT