Re: Sybase to Oracle

From: <jchernia9012_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:38:26 GMT

Hi,

One thing I haven't figured out is how to backup for distribution as cleanly as with Sybase. The import/export utility is messy, especially if the users are different on the database you want to import to. I'm looking for a way to completely transfer a database from one machine to another. With Sybase you "dump database" and "load database", and as long as the destination has enough space everything transfers (table and user info). Is there a way to do this in Oracle by copying tablespace files and modifiying the init<intance>.ora file?

Any help would be really appreciated,
-John Cherniavsky

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 12:38:26 CDT