Re: TNS listener

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:45:48 +0200

Your problem is in both the listener.ora (there shouldn't have been a period in the global_dbname. It should have been <db_name>.<db_domain> where domain usually equals world)
and in your tnsnames.ora on the server. You don't need to use ps, instead you should use lsnrctl. Either use the status subcommand or the services subcommand. If it starts complaining about a password, that's in the listener.ora. All this and similar info is also to be found on technet.oracle.com. It's free!

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA