Re: Sybase to Oracle

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 09:05:23 -0700

Knowing nothing about Sybase (for some strange reason Oracle won't send me on Sybase training!), I can't help much with matching Sybase functionality to Oracle's. What I would suggest though is that both of you get an account on technet (they're free, just go to http://technet.oracle.com and sign up for one), and download the Oracle Concepts manual. It's a great starting point for newbies to Oracle. Then come back to the newsgroup with anything that's not clear. Once you read the concepts manual, a lot will become easier for you to understand. Some of the questions you raise would take a long time to explain fully, and they're answered in detail in the concepts manual anyway.

HTH. Pete

--
Regards

Pete