date format help

From: ed zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:10:29 -0400

Ugh! I am having the worst time trying to get a date in and out of Oracle 8.0.5. I have set nls_date_format = 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' in both the dynamic config and a stored config via instanace manager. I've also tried to resarted the data base and selected the stored config. nls_date_format is set as above.

I only get the date back from a select when using sqlplus. I have to still use a to_char() to format it.

The real rub is that when I use sqlldr80 I try to set a date column to 1999-01-01 07:00:00. I get back an error ORA-01861 literal does not match format string.

Also, what is the default format for a date and time. I can store a date as 1999-JAN-01 but can't add a time to it.

Any ideas?

...ed Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 07:10:29 CDT