Re: Database Link creation with Global name TRUE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:12:14 +0200

The global name of the database you are linking to is oracle.world. If you have global_names=true, the name of the link should always be identical to the global name of the database, as the global name should be unique within a network.
Either you need to change the name of the link or of the database, or you need to turn global names off.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA