Re: HELP! URGENT! Database down!

From: WolfAlpha <wolfalpha_spamguard_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 02:10:40 GMT

Make sure that you freed up space in the directory specified by the init<your sid here>.ora parameter log_archive_dest. If this is the case, (and I'm going out on a limb and assuming this is a UNIX box) cd to that directory and do a df -k . to see if that filesystem is showing up as 100% full or not (sometimes just deleting stuff from a directory in the system doesn't free up the space immediately if the system thinks that something still needs it--you can also verify this by trying to create/copy a file into that directory). In this case, I would generally let my sys admin intervene to try to make the system release that space (free up those inodes--could probably unmount the filesystem and then mount it back again, but I've never tested that myself). If worse comes to worse, set the log_archive_dest parameter in your init<your sid here>.ora file to a directory that you know has space available (you can actually create a file there yourself) and then startup the database. Hope this helps.

Jeff S