Export Fails=Help

From: Scott Hahn <scotty_at_superior-sdc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 22:57:03 GMT

Hello-

    My environment,

            Oracle 7.3.4, AIX 4.2
Problem

    My export seems to fail as it reaches two gig. command = exp user/pass_at_inst direct=y full=y file=/d5/oracle/export.exp log=/d1/log.txt

the export fails claiming "Cannot write to export file" At that point the file size is by using ls -s 2097814 which if I am not mistaken is 2 gig

Now I have all ulimits set to -1 which gives the oracle user unlimited file size, or so I think. Also the /d5 logical drive was created to support large files.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

I need help from someone who knows IBM's AIX specifically to confirm these things? Does anyone know how to confirm from the shell that 1) the user oracle has unlimited file size 2) That the /d5 logical drive supports large file sizes?

If anyone can help me I would GREATLY appreciatte it. I am pretty lost.

In addition can someone please tell me how I can export directly to tape if my tape drive is /dev/rmt0

You can see I am not much of a UNIX admin

Scott Hahn
scotty_at_superior-sdc.com Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 17:57:03 CDT