Dutch week numbers

From: Jantah <jantah_at_big.hand.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:31:50 GMT

I am looking for an easy way to 'calculate' Dutch week numbers. Over here, week 1 is the first week with at least 4 days in january. According to this logic, december 29 can be week 1 of the next year. Also, january 3 can be week 52 or 53 of the previous year.

As far as I can see, the TO_CHAR(blahblah, 'WW') function can not do this. As I am going to need the function in some quite large queries, I need some sleek peace of PL/SQL.

Now, it wouldn't be too hard to use the TO_CHAR for normal weeks, and include some code that also takes the exceptions into account, but I hate to invent the wheel. Does anybody have a complete procedure (or better still, some native Oracle solution) for me? --
Jan
jantah_at_big.hand.com
(replace big.hand with bigfoot to email Jan) Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 15:31:50 CDT